Virginia Street Bus RAPID Transit Extension Project Construction Information
Construction Begins Soon!
Construction is anticipated to be complete in three phases:
- Midtown Utility Improvements
- Midtown Roadway Improvements
- UNR Improvements
Construction Photos (COMING SOON...)
Virginia Street Improvement Project Business Support Program
The RTC/SNC project team is dedicated to supporting businesses during construction. We will host several events and frequent businesses as a project team during construction. We will also create incentives to attract people to Midtown during construction. To participate, simply call 775-300-1848 or email VIRGINIASTREETRAPIDEXTENSION@NCENET.COM and your business will be included. THERE IS NO CHARGE TO PARTICIPATE. Below are some of the strategies we are considering.
The RTC/SNC team will:
- Purchase gift cards from Midtown businesses to distribute to crews, stakeholders and the community.
- Sponsor community gatherings (lunches, coffee, happy hour etc.) at Midtown locations.
- Develop creative signage for Midtown.
- Invest in paid advertising to support Midtown.
- Coordinate cooperative advertising opportunities for Midtown.
- Provide business workshops featuring subject matter experts (social media, marketing, database development, community resources).
- Patronize businesses for project related goods and services.
- Develop (or partner with an existing) Midtown specific special event per month (August to November) and purchase food, beverage, supplies from Midtown businesses.
- Provide business specific access signage.
- Create business specific project materials (maps, signage, detours, project information).
If you have any questions about construction please call:
- Mitch Grayson, Project Superintendent – SNC (775) 355-0420
- Dan LeBlanc, Project Manager – SNC (775) 355-0420
- Doug Maloy, Project Manager – RTC (775) 335-1865
Stakeholder updates will be distributed weekly or as needed. Please sign up below for project updates.